Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Fever: Walk it off!

Almost a year ago I reviewed a pedometer.  A really nice pedometer.  A Fitbit pedometer.  Several months later, I reviewed their "new improved" version as well.  I love it.  I wear it every day.  I catch myself, several times a day, pushing the button to see how many steps I've taken.  Some days it's a lot, some days not so much.  I'm not going to embarrass you by telling you how awesome I am today, but let's just say you'd be blown away...or not!

Shortly after I received the pedometer, my kids started asking me randomly throughout the day how many steps I'd taken!  I'll tell you what, nothing's more of a motivation than having your kid ask how well you're doing...except giving that same kid a pedometer of her own!  About a month ago we received a GeoPalz pedometer in the mail for Little Lou to test out!  I thought it'd be a super fun Spring activity to start a little "contest" between the two of us to see who walks further on an average day: a 1st grader or her stay at home mom!


GeoPalz are super cute kid-sized pedometers, built to encourage kids to get moving!  Encourage they do!  Little Lou loves wearing her pedometer!  She especially loves that most days (when she remembers to wear it...which is most days) she walks more steps than I do.  She loves the cute design.  She also loves showing it off to her friends at school!


I love that it has a cover, so Little Lou doesn't accidentally hit the buttons while she's playing and reset it or change any of its settings!


The GeoPalz pedometer is pretty thin, so it doesn't get in her way when she's running, climbing, playing...being a 6 year old!


GeoPalz also has a really good website, where you can not only log your own steps, but those of your family members as well!  My Fitbit monitor links to the GeoPalz site, so it can automatically upload my steps!  It's a really neat program.  We have had occasional "glitches" on the website, but nothing terribly major, and they've all been rectified!


One of Little Lou's favorite things about GeoPalz is that for every mile she walks, she earns a "point."  Those points add up, and she can pick prizes!  We haven't ordered any prizes yet, but she is SO excited to do that!

The one thing I don't like about the GeopPalz pedometer is that the clip hold SO tightly that it's really hard to get onto some clothes.  I love that it holds tightly.  It makes me feel more secure that the pedometer isn't going to fall off of her waistband during a day of play.  Little Lou just gets tired of standing still while I struggle to get it onto her pants!

Would I recommend the GeoPalz pedometer?  I've considered cashing in some of my swagbucks to get an amazon giftcard to buy one for Bugsy!  I would most definitely recommend it!  I love that, from a very early age, it encourages kids (and families)! to get moving!

Want to win your very own GeoPalz pedometer?  Stay tuned on Sunday...there'll be a GeoPalz pedometer (ARV $25) up for grabs as a part of my AMAZING Spring Fever package!

I was given this product at no cost to me in order to facilitate a review.  I was not compensated in any other way.  All opinions are 100% my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment