Friday, December 14, 2012

Senseless. Tragic. Incomprehensible.


Watching my own 5 year old play with Play Doh at the kitchen table. 



 Praising God that he was safe at his school today. Remembering that the last words I said to him before he got out of the car for kindergarten this morning were, "See ya later, Pal! I love you!" and that the last words he said to me were, "I love you too, Mommy! I'll make you proud today!"

I'm feeling SO grateful that tonight I got to pick him up from school and hear his giggle. I can't imagine...CAN NOT IMAGINE...a world without that little guy.

Praying desperately for the mommies of those little ones who lost their lives today. 
 What a senseless tragedy.

 In their honor, I'm letting my own kids laugh just a little louder than normal, be a little more silly than normal, eat cookies before they finish their food. Why? Because some mommies aren't getting the chance to give their babies cookies tonight, or hear their laughter, or snuggle on the couch to watch movies. 

 My heart breaks for those mommies.


1 comments:

Ruthykins said...

I'm letting my kids stay up as late as they want tonight so that they can see their Daddy when he gets home. I promised them that if they happen to fall asleep before he's home I will wake them up when he gets here.

Post a Comment