Friday, November 1, 2013

It's NaBloPoMo!

Hooray!!  I can't believe it's here already!  I've been waiting for this day for over 14...hours...now!  

That's right.  Last night I did some searching, trying to find a blogging calendar to get me "rebooted"...because I miss this SO very much and I just need to get back in the flow.  It's part of bringing HER back.



NaBloPoMo is a fun bloggy challenge, similar, I suppose, to NaNoWriMo (where writers or wannabe writers write a novel in November).  There's a calendar of writing prompts, one for each day Monday-Friday, and then bloggers are given the weekends to write about whatever they can dream up. 

Challenge?

Accepted!

Today, of course, is November 1, and thus it's also NaBloPoMo day 1.  I am SO excited to get going!  So, without further adieu....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you found one million dollars in the morning and had to spend it by nightfall, what would you do with the money?

Oh, the possibilities!  Good grief.  Where do I even begin??
Okay, so I have to spend it by nightfall, so that's limiting.  I mean...I don't have time to fund an adoption by nightfall, so that's out.  

I think I'd start by buying myself a new Ford Expedition, because I really do miss mine.  (Weird way to start, right?)  
($40K)

I'd buy a bigger house.  Nothing crazy, but you know, 4 bedrooms and 2 baths would be divine!
(Let's get all fancy and say this is $200K.)

I think I'd leave my furniture and buy all new.  We'll call that another $5K or so.

Because I'm a wonderful wife, I'd buy my husband the big truck he's always wanted ($40K) and the travel trailer we really want ($60K).

I'd book a Disney vacation for my family.  We'll do a nice resort, food, souvenirs ($5K).

AND I have around $650K left to spend.  Geez.  I'm not even good at this!

I can't keep it, so I'll probably blow another $25K on replacing ALL of our clothes, computers, material goods in general.  ($25K)

I'll give $50K to each set of parents and each sibling.  ($150K)

That leaves me with roughly $375K, if I'm doing the math correctly.

I'll split that 3 ways...$125K each to my kids' school, our church, and Show Hope.

Whew!  I'm tired from all this spending!  What a trip!  (Also, if you're feeling like throwing a quick mil my way, I'm SO up for it...and now I even have a spending plan!  Volunteers??)

~~~~~~~~~~

Well that was fun!  Can't wait to write tomorrow!



0 comments:

Post a Comment