Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Are you throwing away money?

My husband is amazing, people...amazing.  We've been married (almost) 9 years...been through a billion different life-changing experiences, and he's still holding on strong.  There have been a few stressful situations, for sure, but nothing we haven't been able to handle!

One such stressful situation is happening right now.  As I type, in fact, he's sitting on the couch next to me doing some crazy bio-statistics-type homework.  Homework.  Ick.  I miss college some days, but homework is one thing I certainly don't miss, and I am reminded of that nearly every day as we sit side by side on the couch, me playing on the computer, him doing his biology.

My husband is in college (again), working on a Biology degree, with certification in Bio-Tech (or something like that...I like to just say it's a Bio-Tech degree, but I guess it technically isn't).  He started college a million years ago as a Bio/Pre-Med student (we both did).  After 2 years of that fun, he felt a call to ministry, packed his bags, moved across the country, and got a degree in youth ministry!  Several years later, we're back at it.  Biology.  It's...ummm...fun??...going through all this together.  Or maybe stressful.  Or fun.  Whatever.

Do you know how many college textbooks we've purchased over the years?  Let's see...I have a BA in English education, and he has a BS in youth ministry AND 3/4 of a degree in Biology.  I'd say we've spent roughly...WAY too much money on textbooks.  Many of those books we were able to sell back to our school bookstores for a teensy fraction of the cost we paid to purchase them (even if we purchased them used).  Many of those books are sitting in boxes (and boxes...and boxes) in our garage, taking up much needed space.

Wouldn't it be great if there were a place college students could go to rent their college textbooks instead of having to buy them every semester??

There IS a place like that!


At CampusBookRentals, textbooks can be rented for 40-90% off the retail price! Not only that, but there is free shipping both ways, so you're not paying that expense either!  CampusBookRental BUYS textbooks, too!  If you have some lying around, it might just be worth your while to see if they'll buy them from you!

You can see an example here of how the pricing compares between buying Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections (7th Edition) on Amazon ($169.33) and renting the very same book from CampusBookRentals ($31.23 for a semester)!  If it's not a book you're SURE you want to keep, this is a great deal!

I know what you're thinking.  I did it too.  I wrote in my books.  I highlighted.  I USED my textbooks when I was in college!  (Don't tell my friends that, though.  It might ruin their image of me.)  I couldn't possibly have rented textbooks because they'd want them back the same way I received them!  Right?  WRONG!  With CampusBookRentals, it's okay to highlight!

It's risk-free to try it out.  You have 30 days to decide you don't need that book after all and send it back for a full refund!  This is an awesome deal, because seriously, how many times have you purchased a "required" book from the campus bookstore only to find out two weeks into class that you aren't really going to use that book anyway?  How many times have you gone to buyback with a brand new book, still in the plastic, and gotten $10 for it?  That's not going to be a problem with CampusBookRentals!  If you don't need them, simply send them back within the first 30 days!  Easy!

CampusBookRentals is a great place to get books without having to pay the costly bookstore fees!  Check it out!

As if the savings weren't enough, CampusBookRentals has partnered with Operation Smile, an organization that helps to pay for life-changing surgeries of children born with cleft lips and palates!  If you've been around a while, you know that craniofacial deformities are very near and dear to my heart.  This partnership with Operation Smile makes me...smile.  A portion of the rental fee for EVERY book rented through CampusBookRentals will be donated to Operation Smile until they've paid for at least 1,000 surgeries!  This is an amazing, life-altering gift for children in need!  Thank you, CampusBookRentals and Operation Smile!

As you gear up to start the fall semester (it's coming sooner than you want to think) or summer semester if you're not taking the summer off like my husband is, please consider renting your textbooks through CampusBookRentals this year!  It'll save you a ton of money, save a few trees, and help to give a child a new life!

This post has been compensated by CampusBookRentals.  I have not used the program and can not give my personal opinions.





1 comments:

RidwanahAlladin@GMail.com said...

I totally agree, I remember buying books at over $100 and trying to sell them back and the school would try to buy back for $5 =O

Horrible!

Glad my school/homework days are over too! =)

Post a Comment