Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My sweet boy


We were sitting in the pickup line waiting for Little Lou.  We typically arrive at 2:25 or 2:30 and school lets out at 2:45.  The kids look at books or watch a movie while I read a book during that time.  It's kind of our "quiet time" each day.

Typically Bugsy is a bit noisy during this time, kicking his feet, drumming on the walls, singing songs, etc.  This is about his only loud time of the day.  Except this time.  This time, he sat pensively for nearly five minutes, and then started giggling out loud.  I asked him what was so funny.  He said the most amazing thing to me.

"It's not funny, mommy.  It's awesome.  I was just thinking about Jesus and imagining what it's going to be like to go to Heaven.  I'm just so excited about that it made me laugh!"

Faith like a child, friends.  Faith like a child.  Oh, to be so giddy with joy at just the THOUGHT of Jesus or Heaven that I would laugh out loud!

Dear Jesus, forgive me for the days I don't gasp in wonder at who you are!  I love you desperately!  Please Jesus, help me to be more like my little Bug.

2 comments:

AEK said...

He looks so sweet! Love those dimples and love his message!
Angie

Arizona day care said...

Great to see that he's absorbing such a wholesome message and that it brings him such peace.

Post a Comment