Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My husband is more daring than I am.

We went sledding on Christmas day!


And Mammaw went with us!


I'll spare you the details, but let's just say that had it been my decision, we would not have gone.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE taking the kids to do things like this.  It was even my idea!  But there were certain...obstacles...that would have kept us away.  Thank goodness my husband is more daring than I am!


We went to his childhood sledding hill.  He'd made it sound HUGE!  It wasn't as big and scary as I thought it would be, but then I didn't actually go down the hill.  (Shhhh...don't tell my family, but I am not a big fan of sledding!  Never have been!)  

Thing 1 had a blast!  She's an absolute daredevil.  She's not afraid of anything.  As soon as we got to the hill she jumped on a sled and took off!


Poor Bugsy must have gotten mommy's "scaredy cat" genes. 


He DID go down the hill twice...once alone and once with daddy...but the second time with daddy took some coaxing.


Thing 1 went down the hill to help him pull his sled back up the time he went alone.  She's such a good big sister (when she wants to be)!


I'm pretty sure Stinky is going to be a bit more like his big sister.  In fact, he climbed onto a sled and tried to scootch himself around!


Mommy vetoed him actually going down the hill, though.  He didn't seem to mind much...this time...but I imagine he'll be joining the crazies next year!

Mammaw and Thing 1 had so much fun going down the hill!  Daddy had Bugs on the big sled, so Mammaw and Thing 1 squeezed onto the saucer together!  Thing 1's a nut.  She sticks her legs out the sides and nearly breaks them off.  I'm a little surprised she didn't break one, to be honest!


And this one's my favorite.  Michael's mommy pushing him down the hill.  :)  I bet she loved every minute of it! 


So, as you can see, we had a GREAT time! 

I learned that I need to be more bold.  I need to move outside of my comfort zone more.  There are so many wonders out there just waiting for me, if I will just let go of my fears and have a little faith!  God has provided a big, amazing world!  Take hold!  Enjoy it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you need to learn that sometimes it is OK to bend(if not break) the rules! Glad you had a great time!

Annie said...

looks like you guys had an awesome time! Good for you :)

Sue Knost said...

I am so glad we went! I haven't been sledding in so long...I really had a great time with Hannah, Isaac and Michael! Wish the other kids could have joined us...

Post a Comment