Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What would you do with them?

I just decided what I want to be when I grow up. 
I want to be a three-year-old! 

Think about it for a minute.  They have boundless...BOUNDLESS...energy.  They get a nap every day!  No one looks at them funny when they want to eat PB&J every day for lunch.  They can wear their clothes inside out or backwards or even upside down if they want, and it's okay because they're three!  They ask a ton of questions a day...sometimes two tons.  They say what they mean and they mean what they say!  There are so, so many reasons I want to be three when I grow up!

I think one the best things about being three is you can do anything with...anything!  I mean, take this:


and these:



What would you do with them?  Im 30.  I was going to throw them in the trash.  I had NO idea that those were actually WADDLE SHOES!  Who'd have guessed??


Did you know Waddle Shoes help you float in the river?


And then when they get soggy, it's nice to take them off, sit on the riverbank, and dip your toes in the water!


You DO have to watch out, though, because there may be debris floating on the river...


and then you'll have to jump back onto the bank and avoid the mess!


Oh, and there's also a "speeder" accessory available, in case you don't float fast enough with the original Waddle Shoes:


There's one HUGE design flaw, though.

You see, they're too small for grown-ups.  Or rather, grown-ups are too big.  And it's unfortunate.

Because, you see, without his help, I couldn't see past those packing products being trash.  I've, sadly, grown up a bit in the last 27 years, and my imagination is seriously lacking.  What happens to us grown-ups?  When does everything become so cut-and-dry, so serious, so "this is this and that is that?"

This morning, I went swimming in the river in my kitchen.  I didn't have Waddle Shoes because they wouldn't fit, so I had to get in and out quickly or I would sink.  It's been a long time since I've had such a refreshing dip in the water! 

Yep.  I'm going to be a three-year-old.

2 comments:

Sue Knost said...

Me too!

Anonymous said...

A few years ago, at a staff bowling party, a co-worker and I got chastised about acting like 5 year olds...I stomped my foot and told them I was not a 5 year old...I was actually 11 Four-year-olds rolled into one...or maybe I was 22 Two-year-olds! It got a good laugh, but it is more true than any of the other "Grown-ups" would care to admit! I refuse to get old! Wear your waddle shoe in style!

Post a Comment