Friday, January 7, 2011

A shining example

 I just received a card game, Pick and Draw, in the mail to review and I want to go pick Thing 1 up from school RIGHT NOW so we can play it!  I'm super duper excited! 

So, I opened the package, and I know I'm a sucker for this type of thing, but the creator of the game wrote a personal note and signed the packaging!


So, okay, I'm a sucker for this sort of thing anyway.  This guy could be Joe Schmoe who happened to create a game he wants to get out there.  But he's not.  Rich Davis is an artist who, among other things, has illustrated about a dozen published children's books!  And he hand wrote a note with MY copy of the game!  How cool is that??  As if I wasn't excited enough about this game!

I opened the package and found another "surprise" that made my eyes water a bit...but I am not going to share that one now.  That'll wait until I do my review.  But man, I think this guy is awesome!

And you know what?  He's not only an amazing artist, he's a Christian.  Openly.  Unashamedly.  Unapologetically.  Amazing.

So thank you, Rich Davis, for sending me your card game.  I'll be playing Pick and Draw TODAY for the first time.  I can't wait!  And thank you for your shining example of how we are called to "be the light."

**BTW, the wheels of creativity are turning right now...**

0 comments:

Post a Comment