Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My love of writing is not new.

I was born a little over thirty years ago with a pen in one hand and a book in the other.  Sorry mom.  I guess it would have been easier if I were made to be a marshmallow manufacturer or a pillow stuffer, huh? 

You see, Psalm 139:16 tells me, "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."  That's right.  This day, this crazy, headache-y, wanna go back to bed day, is not a mystery to God.  He knew I'd have days like this.  He knew that, as much as I'd love my job, I'd secretly (and sometimes not so secretly) wish that I could have a writing career.  You know why?  HE put that desire in me!  He created me that way!  He made me to write!

Now, I wasn't really born with a pen in my hand.  (You're welcome, mom.)  But I was made to write, one way or another.  I even have a college degree to support it!  So, I have the know-how.  And I have the want-to.  But where's my platform?  Where's my publisher?  My editor?  Did they take the day...the week...the decade off?

I don't think so.  I think I'm finding my niche.  Slowly but surely, things are coming together.  You've probably noticed lately (how could you not?) that I've been writing reviews for companies about products my family has been using.  I LOVE this job!  It's not a "paying" job, at this point anyway.  It pays in products.  It pays in recognition of my words.  It pays in a small bit of sanity in the middle of my otherwise insane days.  

Do I plan to "quit my day job?"  Absolutely not!  I care for a great group of "littles" who I love very much and (mostly) enjoy caring for.  I love teaching them and learning alongside them.  They're great!  I can't tell you how much I learn from them each day!  

Am I supplementing that job with this new-found love?   Absolutely!  My love of writing is not new.  It's always been there.  It's the venue that's new and unexpected.  It's the venue that I love, along with the writing itself!  Praise the Lord for bringing me a platform from which to write!  I've been waiting for something like this to come along for quite some time now!

Will I always be a blog review writer?  I don't know.  I've got some ideas in mind.  I've been brainstorming.  I don't have a "plan" or even presume to know where we'll go from here for sure, but I'm working on it!  I'm glad to have you along for the ride!

So please, grab a snack, kick off your shoes, settle back and stay awhile!  I've been waiting for you, readers!  I'm so glad you're here!

1 comments:

Not a Perfect Mom said...

Hi! thanks for visiting...I can't wait to see what your blog looks like when Minx is all done with it!!

Post a Comment