Saturday, November 12, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 12

Today I am thankful for the lady that cut my hair this morning.  I don't know her name.  I should have asked.  She's not our "normal" hair stylist, although it was at the salon we'd been visiting lately.  This particular woman, though donated her Saturday.  She made a plan to cut hair for 7 hours today, for anyone and everyone that came in.  She had a steady flow of traffic, at least for the first hour and 15 minutes. 

This lady was charging just $10 a hair cut.  She didn't specify only children, adults, males or females.  In face, I saw her cut the hair of two little boys, two little girls, and a grown woman.  That $10 a hair cut?  It is ALL going straight to the family of a boy in Little Lou's grade at school, who was in her kindergarten class last year.  He's faced some very major medical problems in the last month and the bills are overwhelming!

It blessed me today to see this woman doing what she knew how to do in order to give back!  She probably couldn't afford to give a lot of money herself.  Who can?  But what she can do is cut hair.  So that's what she's doing.  She's helping a family in need by doing what she does.  She's not only blessing the family herself, but she's enabling others to be a blessing to them as well!

Thank you so much, hair cut lady, for reminding me today that it's not all about the money, it's about finding a way to give back with what God's given each of us.

Dear Lord, thank you for the lady that cut my hair this morning!  Thank you for her willing spirit and her attitude of giving.  Thank you also, for providing an opportunity for me to give to this family!  Lord, thank you every day for giving us opportunities to be a blessing.  Please open my eyes to those opportunities more often!

0 comments:

Post a Comment