Wednesday, November 16, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 16

Oops!  Somehow, I skipped yesterday!  I mean, I didn't skip yesterday.  I was there.  Do you ever wish you could have skipped a day, though?  That's not how my yesterday was, I'm just saying, sometimes skipping a day doesn't sound so bad!

Today I've been doing some research, some reading, some "interviewing," in an attempt to figure out the whole "I own my own domain name" thing.  I don't own my own domain name.  I've been talking about it for a while now, though, and I'm ready to take the plunge.  I'm nervous, though!  I am so anxious that when I do purchase the name and make the changeover, I'll lose something!  I'm afraid I'll lose my GFC followers, or I'll lose my posts, or I'll lose...  You get it.

I've been emailing back and forth this evening with Beth from Five Kids Is A Lot Of Kids.  Beth's blog is hilarious, by the way, and I almost always laugh.  Except for days like today, when I cry.  (If you click that link, you'll see that her url is http://putdowntheurinalcake.com, which makes me smile EVERY time I cruise over to her site.)  So, I've been emailing with Beth and her husband, Greg, and they're trying to help me understand how this whole process works.  (Apparently it's easy.  I'm just a wimp.)

Beth's not the only blogger I've emailed with questions, either.  I've asked questions of Danielle at Happenings of the Harper Household, who has been a HUGE help in setting up this blog!  She is great at helping small blogs, like mine, make a bit of a "name."  Toni at Crazy 4 Fluff has been pretty quiet lately, but I can't tell you how valuable her advice has been to me through the last year!  Even my sister at Life with my BOYS (or Crum's This N That if you've been around a while) pushes me to greatness in this blog thing.

Today, I am thankful for my fellow bloggers in this great internet blogger community!  So many of you have given your time to answer my questions and help me along the way.  I am thankful for the friendships I have formed with some of you!  I am so grateful that some of you have been so willing to step out and help a lost blogger like me find her way!

Thank you, bloggy friends, for being who you are and doing what you do!  You're the greatest!



5 comments:

Beth at Five Kids Is A Lot Of Kids said...

Aw! This is the sweetest thing, Elizabeth. I want you to know, I'm buying you a cookie right now in my head.

xoxo,
Beth

Heather said...

how sweet.

Unknown said...

It's great that other bloggers are willing to help you out.

Elizabeth said...

Mmmm! Thanks, Beth! Was it white chocolate macadamia, still warm? Those are my favorite.

Discovering the Me in Mommy said...

I know! I'm so thankful for my online friends! =)

Post a Comment