Monday, November 21, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 21



She's spunky.  Sassy.  Opinionated.  Smarter than either of her parents (shhh...don't tell her I said that).  She a perfectionist.  She loves her brothers.  Sometimes.  She loves school and would read 12 hours a day if she could (because she sleeps the other 12).  She loves the idea of art projects.  She breathes basketball all winter long (and if we had a good net, she'd breathe basketball in the summer, too).  She would prefer to read a non-fiction book over fiction because "that way I can learn things while I'm reading."  She has a vivid imagination.  She won't take anything from anyone.  She loves to eat salad and rarely drinks anything other than water.  She loves Jesus.  She adores her daddy.

Little Lou.

I am so glad God decided to let us borrow you for a while!  You've been independent since well before you were born.  You haven't stopped moving since God put you in my belly.  You didn't want to be held when you were born and you've really never relied on anybody for anything.  I get so frustrated some days because you are so very opinionated and strong-willed, but I know that someday I will appreciate those very same qualities in you because I'm confident you'll stand your ground when it matters most.  You're fierce.  You're a fighter.  You don't take no for an answer.  You're brilliant!

I love you very, very much!  You haven't turned out to be exactly who I expected you to be.  I'm kind of glad God makes surprises like you.  (You weren't a surprise, but who you have become was a surprise!)  I probably wouldn't have given you the personality God gave you had I been the one to pick, but I am so glad he chose a spunky, independent, fighter of a personality for you, because you've needed it already and I can't imagine what you'll be fighting for as you grow!

No matter what you decide to grow up and become, know that I love you and I always will.  Even when I get frustrated, even if I yell, I still love you.  You are a rockstar!  (And if that's what you want to be, I'll come to your concerts, but I don't see that being in your future.)  I love you, Little Lou!

Dear God, thank you for my little big girl!  I can't believe how quickly she's growing and becoming!  She amazes me, every. single. day.  As she grows, please show me how to be her mommy.  I don't always have all the answers, and I know I won't as she grows either.  Please help me to be right *most* of the time, though.  Help me to have the words to teach her about life and to teach her about you!  Help my words and actions to be uplifting to her, and help me to be a good, Godly example for her.  Help her to learn love through me.  Thanks for Little Lou!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Aren't children a wonderful blessing. :-D She sounds like I was, well at least the breathing basketball part.

Post a Comment