Saturday, November 19, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 19

Can I be thankful for more than one thing today?  Or am I limited to choosing just one?  Because today, I'm feeling blessed.

Today I am thankful for a husband who's not afraid to get his hands dirty.  Because, yeah, a plumber would have probably cost a lot more than the $35 it cost to rent the snake and push...whatever it was...out to the street.

Today I am thankful for my in-laws, who one weekend a month have been taking my kids and giving me a much MUCH needed break.  Since the hubs is in school and working full time, this mama is on call 24/7 with no relief, ever.  I don't know how single moms do it.  It's stressful!  But this weekend is "Mammaw's House Weekend."  It turns out that we get one whole day kid-free.  I appreciate that more than you guys will ever know!

Today I am thankful for 3 healthy babies.  I was blessed to enjoy a baby shower for a friend this morning.  It's fun to welcome new little ones, and to reminded of the blessings you have in your own!

Today I'm thankful for a night with no interruptions, and being able to sleep in ALL the way until 8am!  Wow!  9 hours.  Straight.  I'm a new woman!

I could go on.  I think I'll save the rest for later.

Dear Lord, thank you for so very many blessings!  You're faithful to keep on heaping and heaping and heaping, even though I am not always faithful to look for your blessings.  Open my eyes to what you have for me!  Thank you so much for always being faithful. Your provisions are astounding!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

My in-laws are wonderful as well. They're both retired, and the two times I'm scheduled to work at the hospital during the month, they make a five hour trek down to stay with my daughter, allowing my husband to work at his job or on his dissertation.

Post a Comment