Friday, November 11, 2011

Quick Breakfast with Tyson Mini Chicken Sandwiches

I know you're not like me.  I know you lay out your clothes the night before, everything ironed and just-so.  I know your kids' clothes are laid out too.  I know you get up at 4am, exercise, shower, get your children up, bathe them, dress them in chic matching outfits, and send the happily to school with a nice, healthy lunch in a little bento box and thermos.  Every day.  I know you do.

You don't?

You're more like me?  You oversleep, wake up at 6:45, and realize you have to leave at 7:15 because, "Oh no, I'm driving the morning carpool today," too?  You grab your three kids out of their beds, throw some clothes on them (or not), and pray that you have something quick and easy they can eat for a "healthy" breakfast while you snatch a quick shower, like I did on Tuesday?  Do you even leave all the debris of the morning laying around the living room and hope you can get to it later in the day?
 

Then this is for you!

I have an opinion about breakfast foods.  I think they should be protein packed to help make it through the day, but with enough carbs to give a good boost right from the get-go.  Cereal doesn't really cut it.  Pop Tarts definitely don't make the grade.  My daughter's typical favorite "breakfast" food is a peanut butter and honey sandwich on whole wheat.  See that?  Carbs and protein, all in a nice creamy bundle.  And it's quick...but sometimes not quick enough!  

There are days, like Tuesday, when I have 30 minutes to pull together 3 kids and myself and be out the door.  On these days, I need something I can make with one hand while I'm pouring drinks or changing diapers with the other.  

Tyson Chicken has a solution!

Tyson Mini Chicken Sandwiches are kid-sized little chicken sandwiches that microwave in their bags in about a minute and a half!  They come in 2-packs, so for my 3 kids I make 2 2-packs.  


3 minutes later, they have breakfast, complete with milk (or water, for Little Lou, who doesn't like to drink milk because "it has too much sugar"), a dry diaper, and clean clothes!  I have time to take a fast shower and get dressed myself before we rush out the door on the way to school!

I LOVE that the cooking directions are clearly marked on each package.  You don't have to hang onto the box if you're tight on space, and if you pack them to take along for your own breakfast or lunch, you don't have to try to remember how to make them!  


Tyson Mini Chicken sandwiches are really yummy!  Mmmmm, #TysonGoodness!  They're available with or without cheese.  My whole family prefers the ones with cheese (although when I drew the short straw and got a cheeseless one, I dressed it up with a slice of colby-pepperjack...yum).  Little Lou wants one EVERY morning for breakfast now!  They're a perfect kid-sized breakfast, lunch, or snack food.  They're great for mamas and daddies on the go, too.  


Tyson Mini Chicken Sandwiches are available now at Walmart!


You'll find them in the freezer section.  I found them in the "snacks and appetizers" section of the freezer.  At my Walmart, they're $5.14 for a box of 8.  That's just 64 cents a sandwich!  I don't know how you feel, but I think it's worth 64 cents to have an easier morning, particularly on already hectic days!



Want to know more about my experience with Tyson Mini Chicken Sandwiches from #TysonGoodness and #CBias?  Check out my photo journey!

Think you want to try some of your own?  Now is the PERFECT time!  Between now and January 13, when you buy 2 boxes of Tyson Mini Chicken Sandwiches at Walmart, you can earn a $5 Walmart gift card!  (While supplies last.  Only 2000 available.)  Who can't afford 16 sandwiches at 32 cents each?!?  Just visit Tyson Goodness for complete details!  While you're there, check to make sure your local Walmart is carrying the sandwiches so you aren't out on a wild good chase looking for them.

Try 'em!  You'll like 'em!

“This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias #TysonGoodness  All opinions are strictly my own.


5 comments:

Misty said...

I'm TOTALLY like the first scenario....in my dreams! lol Thanks for the review, its good to know that there can be an alternative to poptarts (which, seriously, after a while just doesn't cut it.).

Mommy Hates Cooking said...

I agree that protein is a plus in breakfast!! I hope my toddler likes them as much as your kids do!

Elizabeth said...

My kids ADORE them! And I've had 2 myself. I had one last night on the way out the door to Zumba. It was a good "snack" to keep me going while I danced my booty off!

Jessica Peeling said...

Yum..this looks like an idea I will have to try! jessicapeeling@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I'll have to look into these for my daughter. She likes eating Tyson chicken nuggets. So, she'll probably like these.

Post a Comment